Saturdays are the day when I let my culinary desires go wild and try new recipes. Unfortunately I have to try to keep it healthy, no point undoing all the good work of during the week.
I made lovely scrambled egg with smoked Salmon for Breakfast. Lunch was some Lamb Kofta style kebabs and a beautiful rainbow salad. So for tea I decided to have a go at making a nice cleansing and at the same time invigorating thai soup called Tom Yam Gai.
Tom Yam Gai
1 chicken breast without skin
1 litre of chicken stock
4 scallions (spring onions)
2 cloves of garlic fine chopped
1 stalk of lemon grass (bashed and chopped into 2 cm pieces)
3 chillis thinly sliced (i deseeded mine )
10 lime leaves
Table spoon of thai fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh or from a squeezy)
some chopped coriander leaves
1) Put the chicken breast into a saucepan and add the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for ten mins or until the chicken is cooked.
2) Remove the chicken and cut into thin pieces and set aside for now.
3) Add the garlic, lemon grass, scallions, chilli and limeleaves to the stock and simmer for ten minutes.
4) Add the fish sauce, sugar and return the chicken to the saucepan and simmer for a further 3 -4 minutes
5) Stir in the lime juice then taste for seasoning, add salt if necessary.
6) Stir in the coriander at point of serving